James Gray: Photographs (jgc_35_008 and 009) of the bungalow, originally called Bewdley, now numbered 27, soon after it was built in 1928. Houses were first built in this road in 1927 about the same time as Steyning Rural District Council erected the first few houses in Patchdean, then merely a continuance of a very rural Carden Avenue.
James Gray: View from the rear, looking north-east. As can be seen, there was no road in front of the bungalow and access was through the white gate to the left of the roof. This entrance from the Drove (now Ladies Mile Road) is clearly shown in the photographs of Drove Cottage on other pages. To the right is a long low barn. Now the barn is the Methodist Church. jgc_35_009